Stages of Drought
Restrictions in General
- Why are there water restrictions?
- Who imposes these restrictions?
- Why restrictions rather than water budgets?
- When will restrictions go into effect?
- What are the rules and restrictions?
- How much water can I use per day?
- Does Cal Water anticipate stricter restrictions?
- How will customers be notified of changes?
- Will water budgets be enforced in the future?
- What if I reduced water use from the prior drought?
- How is Cal Water conserving water?
Lawn and Garden Restrictions
- When can I water outdoors?
- Can I hand water plants and other fixtures?
- Can I water my trees?
- Should we stop irrigating after measurable rain?
- What is the recommended run time for irrigation?
- How do I program my smart irrigation controller?
- Why aren’t hoses limited like sprinkler systems?
- Do limits apply to drip/micro-spray or rainwater barrels?
- Are there any restrictions on filling pools?
- Can I wash my car at home?
- How is runoff defined?
- Are there other rules for watering outdoors?
Violations and Penalties
- How do you determine if a violation has taken place?
- What is the penalty for not reducing water consumption?
- Are there penalties for violating the drought restrictions?
- Can a penalty be disputed?