Emergency Relief for Those Affected by Natural Disasters
Cal Water is committed to providing quality, service, and value to our customers. Part of this commitment includes supporting those who have been impacted by natural disasters. For our residential and small business customers affected by disasters, we want your water service to be one less thing to worry about.
As such, Cal Water has identified a number of water service-related provisions, listed below, that will be implemented automatically for all impacted residential and small business customers following a natural disaster. We will also work one-on-one with you, if you need additional support.
Cal Water will…
- Expedite start/end service requests
- Automatically close accounts for homes destroyed and waive the final bill
Suspend disconnection for non-payment and related fees (e.g., late fees, deposits)
- Work cooperatively with affected customers to resolve unpaid bills, and minimize future disconnections for non-payment
- Waive any deposit requirements for residents and small businesses seeking to reestablish service for one year
- Offer extended payment plan options on a case-by-case basis
- Provide a bill credit for customers who had to evacuate, to account for the time not able to be home, and/or prorate the monthly service charge
- Provide additional bill credits for customers whose homes are not destroyed but are either damaged or uninhabitable for a time, and/or prorate the monthly service charge
- Freeze certification reviews for low-income ratepayer assistance program participants affected, and try to make community-based assistance organizations aware of support/program to help reach low-income customers
At Cal Water, we care. If we can be of additional assistance to you, please Contact Us.
This information is also available in: Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Vietnamese, and Tagalog.