Customer Assistance Program (CAP)
CAP (formerly known as LIRA) offers a service-charge discount to qualifying low-income customers.
To qualify for CAP:
- The Cal Water bill must be in your name.
- You must live at the address where the discount will be received.
- Your household must meet the income guidelines detailed below OR someone in your household must be enrolled in a qualified public assistance program.
- You must notify Cal Water if your household no longer qualifies for the CAP discount.
- Following enrollment, you may be required to provide proof of eligibility.
- You are required to recertify your eligibility every two years (four years if you have documentation proving you are handicapped or elderly [62+]).
Maximum Household Income (effective June 1, 2021 – May 31, 2022)
To be eligible for CAP based on household income, your household’s gross annual income may not exceed these guidelines: