Customer Assistance Program (CAP) Application
At Cal Water, we care about our customers. We are pleased to offer our Customer Assistance Program (CAP—formerly LIRA) to those who meet the income guidelines below or participate in other assistance programs listed. The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) has approved CAP for Cal Water’s individually metered residential customers throughout California. Qualifying customers receive a fixed monthly discount equal to 50% of the 5/8 x 3/4-inch meter service charge.
To qualify for CAP:
- The Cal Water bill must be in your name.
- You must live at the address where the discount will be received.
- Someone in your household must be enrolled in a qualified public assistance program OR your household must meet the income guidelines detailed below.
- Following enrollment, you may be required to provide proof of eligibility.
- You are required to recertify your eligibility every two years (four years if you are over 62 years of age/disabled)
- You must notify Cal Water if your household no longer qualifies for the CAP discount.
Qualified Assistance Programs
You are eligible if someone in your household is enrolled in one or more of the following assistance programs:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- CalFresh SNAP
- CalWORKS/Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- CARE (gas & electric company discount)
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal only)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Medicaid/Medi-Cal for Families A & B
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Tribal TANF
- Women, Infants, & Children Program (WIC)
Maximum Household Income
Effective June 1, 2023 – May 31, 2024
To be eligible for CAP based on household income, your household’s gross annual income may not exceed these guidelines: