Customer Assistance Program (CAP)
At Cal Water, we care about our customers. We are pleased to offer our Customer Assistance Program (CAP—formerly LIRA) to those who meet the income guidelines below or participate in other assistance programs listed. The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) has approved CAP for Cal Water’s individually metered residential customers throughout California. Qualifying customers receive a fixed monthly discount equal to 50% of the 5/8 x 3/4-inch meter service charge.
Please enter your account number and zip code at the bottom of this page to submit your online application.
To qualify for CAP:
- The Cal Water bill must be in your name.
- You must live at the address where the discount will be received.
- Your household must meet the income guidelines detailed below OR someone in your household must be enrolled in a qualified public assistance program.
- You must notify Cal Water if your household no longer qualifies for the CAP discount.
- Following enrollment, you may be required to provide proof of eligibility.
- You are required to recertify your eligibility every two years (four years if you have documentation proving you are handicapped or elderly [62+]).
Maximum Household Income (effective June 1, 2022 – May 31, 2023)
To be eligible for CAP based on household income, your household’s gross annual income may not exceed these guidelines: