Cal Water is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities we serve. Through our community giving program, we make strategic investments in organizations, programs, projects, and events that make a difference for those who live in our service areas across California.
We accept applications for the funding of community initiatives year-round. All requests must be submitted through our online application system. We are unable to accept applications in other formats.
Strong applications for the funding of community initiatives:
- Show how the initiative will provide benefits to the communities Cal Water serves and their residents.
- Illustrate how the initiative will benefit a diverse, at-risk, or underserved community or population.
- Include a method by which to measure, track, and report one or more initiative outcomes and specific results that demonstrate measurable community impact.
- Provide volunteer opportunities for Cal Water’s employees.
- Include a marketing plan that will announce sponsors’ support of the community initiative.
- Include the items listed on the required information page.
Cal Water’s community giving program will not provide funding to:
- Organizations or initiatives that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or age with respect to employment, volunteer participation, or the provision of services or benefits.
- Organizations or initiatives that have a substantial purpose of influencing any political, legislative, or regulatory cause.
- Individuals for their personal endeavors, such as sports tournaments or marathons.
- Raffles, auctions, or similar games of chance.
- Organizations or initiatives that are unable to measure, track, and report on initiative outcomes and specific results that demonstrate measurable community impact.