Low Income Rate Assistance (LIRA)
Cal Water rates, water-quality information, conservation programs, and other information and programs vary depending on your water system. To find out what water system you are served by, enter your address in the form below.
To qualify for LIRA:
- The Cal Water bill must be in your name.
- You must live at the address where the discount will be received.
- Your household must meet the income guidelines detailed below OR someone in your household must be enrolled in a qualified public assistance program.
- You must notify Cal Water if your household no longer qualifies for the LIRA discount.
- Following enrollment, you may be required to provide proof of eligibility.
- You are required to recertify your eligibility every two years (four years if you have documentation proving you are handicapped or elderly [62+]).
Maximum Household Income (effective June 1, 2013 – May 31, 2014)
To be eligible for LIRA based on household income, your household’s gross annual income may not exceed these guidelines: