Work is underway by our Rancho Dominguez District in Carson, Calif. to upgrade the local water system. Cal Water is replacing 6,000 feet of aging 6-inch pipes with 6- and 8-inch PVC pipes. Construction, which began last week, is taking place from:
- 1500 to 1800 blocks of E. Gladwick Street
- 1500 to 1800 blocks of E. Helmick Street
- 19600 block of Harlan Avenue
- 19600 block of Earlie Avenue
- 19600 block of Joplin Avenue
Crews are also replacing nine fire hydrants and 183 new individual, customer water service connections to improve firefighting capabilities and to strengthen system reliability.
The work will be performed Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. and is expected to be completed in June.